Pros and Cons of Holidays
A Holiday means time to relax and save in order to enjoy future life. It means different things for different people depending on their lifestyle and age. For office-goers, it might mean time off from the daily office assignments. For homemakers, that’s the time away from domestic works. For students, it’s actually fun time. Sunday remains to be the most common holiday the world knows, that enables workers to rest and spend ample time with their family members. Considering the religious, cultural and regional aspects, country’s government declares specific days as holidays for citizens to celebrate. Among the countries across the world, Malta and Austria have the most number of holidays, which is 38 days for both, followed by Bolivia, Poland and Greece (37 days), and Spain, Britain, Sweden, France and Venezuela, (36 days).Malta and Austria have the most holidays than all other countries in the world, with a total number… Click To Tweet
The pros of any country’s holiday are many. The most common and important aspects are listed below.
- Helps relieve the exhaustion of continuous work and restore the health and energy for the next program.
- Helps a person find time to stay with their family whereas they can enjoy each other’s company and even plan for the future.
- Gives one ample time to carry out the cleaning and repair of one’s home.
- Provides one with the opportunity to meet their friends and relatives.
- Enables people to celebrate festivals, appreciate their traditions and remember nation builders.
- Enables vacations, one of the most wanted process in nowadays society.
- Conserves energy when businesses premises are not operating on. This also helps reduce pollution.
- Enables people to pursue their hobbies and engage in social activities.
On the other hand, long holidays seem to turn counter-productive as seen below.
- Production of different products and services suffer because of the loss of several days
- Services like public transport and hospitals become paralyzed
- Laziness that’s caused by the lengthened absence at the workplace affects employees.
- Monetary crisis come up when banks remain closed consecutively. The funds transactions get suspended hence affecting every area of the economy.
Nevertheless, life becomes monotonous and boring when something repeats itself. Logically, someone tends to dislike holidays when they becomes too long or if it gets to a time that doesn’t suit their convenience.